Xibo for Android v2 R200 Available

Xibo Signage are pleased to announce Xibo for Android v2 R200. This release works with Xibo CMS version 2.0 and has legacy mode for versions 1.4, 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/xibo-for-android-v2-r200-available/

Hello, does this still run on Android 5?

It will run on any device with Android 4.4 or higher.

1 Like

Hello,

We use the DSCS9 player; which apk to use?

Please select the standard Xibo for Android release file for a DSCS9 player.

I have linked the Administrator manual page for Upgrading Xibo for Android for further guidance.

Thanks, question was for version 2.0 ofcourse :slight_smile:

Hello

I have seen that you now support Philips LEDs

How does it work exactly ?

So to be clear, it’s the LEDs on the sides of some Philips commercial displays.

You define commands to control the LEDs as you would for any other command, the commands are:

tpv_led|off
tpv_led|red
tpv_led|green
tpv_led|blue
tpv_led|white

ok thank you so much !

I can now set the led to blue via the schedule option but cannot do this in a layout in v2.

Can you tell me how it works ? I am a xibo.cloud customer and don’t see the shell widget in the list.

The Shell Command module is disabled by default for Xibo in the Cloud customers. Please do contact our helpdesk and open a ticket asking to have this module enabled.

Thank you

will do !

thanks for your help

anthony

Hello Natasha, Excuse my ignorance, but I am somewhat confused with this news and I understand that we can now use this Version 2 and this is paid or you no longer have to pay for the Android version? … thanks in advance.

Hi Natasha,

i want to use led control feature for calander module.red when you are full.I want to be green when it is empty.how can I do that

Best regards

Xibo for Android requires the purchase of a Licence for each device you wish to use. If you have existing licences you can upgrade. Please refer to the Upgrading information from the blog below:

We are providing licence upgrades to this release, free of charge, for any licences purchased since 12 December 2018. Check your eligibility by looking at the number of upgrades your licence pool has been assigned in the Xibo customer portal.

Upgrades for licences purchased prior to this date are available for ÂŁ4 GBP, per licence.

If you have a subscription licence, this upgrade is included within your subscription.

Instructions for upgrading from an earlier release can be found in the FAQ. It’s also well worth having a look at the Knowledge Base.

If you have a white label build of the application, the upgrade is available in your account.

Thank you

Hello,
We are using a Philips screen mostly with Xibo can u please advice me what are the commands to trigget the new features as “remote reboot and upgrade, video screenshot”, i will very much appreciate it.
Thank you