Version 3.3.3

Installation Method

Docker v2.12.2

CMS Server Operating System

Windows Server 2019 in HyperV Linux in Docker container

#Endpoint OS with Xibo Player
Windows 11 Pro

#Server HyperV settings
Internal Network Private virtual Switch (Private Network)
Broadcom ethernet virtual switch (External Network)

Issue

We setup a dedicated physical server for the Xibo CMS. The server has 2 network cards. One connects to the external network allowing me to pull down software updates. The other card connects to an internal network that does not have internet access. The goal is to isolate the CMS server so that it does not have internet access unless it needs it (for an update or something).

So I turned on the network interface to the internet, and installed xibo CMS and Docker. While that network is still up, I can connect to the CMS via a browser using the IP address. However, we want to take that external network down, and only host the internal network once all the setup is done. After I switch back to the local network, I can’t access the xibo cms through the browser and ip address.

Our MSP said to setup the endpoints with the xibo players to use static IPs and to set them to something in the 10.10.1.x range to match the internal network. I did this already, but I can’t figure out how to access the CMS unless the CMS is on the internet network card.

I am clearly not a networking expert, and I am struggling to figure out the right way to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Nate

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.