Xibo CMS 3.2.0 Released

We are pleased to announce the release of the 3.2 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Perrine”. This is a feature update to 3.0 and 3.1, with improvements to folders, filtering, and a commercial add-on to securely show dashboards from PowerBI, Grafana and Matomo.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://xibosignage.com/blog/3-2-0-released
1 Like

Added some great new features thank you.

A couple of issues I’m having, resolution of media are not showing, should it show for existing media or just new files that are uploaded?

Under media I have 17 videos, only 4 of them are showing thumbnails. They are all MP4’s.

Under media when you click on root it’s showing the Fonts, maybe that’s normal I just don’t remember if it shows the fonts.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you,
John

We did it only for new media to avoid a huge workload going back over existing. If you want to have it updated on your CMS you can enabled the “Media Orientation” task in Task admin. It will run once and disable itself, but should set the resolutions.

We capture the thumbnail on upload (you can actually pan the video control on the upload form to the frame you want as a thumbnail). Your videos without thumbnails were probably added before this feature was available - or the browser couldn’t render that little upload preview.

Yes this is normal - we’re already working to improve it in v4, so that fonts have their own dedicated area.

Thank you for your feedback! Great to hear we’ve added some things that you like.

Thanks,
Dan

In the category of “what have you done for me lately”, are there plans to support additional dashboarding services (Tableau, in particular)?

In the meantime, thank you for some nice updates here in 3.2, especially the folder improvements.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan,

I tried running the Media Orientation, it looks like it runs but nothing actually happens.
Last Run 03-25-2022 18:24:00 doesn’t change.

Thank you,
John

I’d be happy to look at adding Tableau to the list if I have someone I can work with to prove out the functionality with that service.

If you’re interested in assisting with that then please drop an email to our service desk (support@xibosignage.com) and we can try and sort something out. There may be a delay however until we can start implementation for that.

A post was split to a new topic: RSS feed only shows first item after 3.2 upgrade

Ah sorry, I see why that doesn’t work. I’ll get that fixed for the next release.

As a workaround you could run some SQL and then run the task again:

UPDATE `media` SET `orientation` = NULL WHERE `type` IN ('image', 'video');

If you only wanted to do image or video you could adjust the IN clause accordingly, and if you wanted to test a few first you could add LIMIT 1 to the end of the update.

Thanks!

Hi Dan,

I tried that but it didn’t work, Last Run stays the same also, no big deal I’ll just hold off until the new update.

MySQL [cms]> UPDATE `media` SET `orientation` = NULL WHERE `type` IN ('image', 'video');
Query OK, 10 rows affected (0.096 sec)
Rows matched: 28    Changed: 10    Warnings: 0

Thank you,
John

1 Like

After the update to version 3.2.0 (docker linux) the users can not upload media files anymore.

The upload dialog meesage is:
Empty file upload result

“/library” Error message in the log:
Argument 1 passed to Xibo\Storage\PdoStorageService::newConnection() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/cms/lib/Storage/PdoStorageService.php on line 163

What does this message mean?

This is an issue found with the release when a user or a group they belong to has a library quota set, see:

Anyone using the Docker release can get a patch for this issue by changing their CMS image in docker-compose.yml from release-3.2.0 to release32.

Once changed issue at docker-compose pull && docker-compose up -d command.

If you do this, we recommend changing it back to release-3.2.1 when available.

1 Like

Yes that is it. Thank you for the quick hint and your help.

1 Like