Xibo CMS 2.3.10 Released

We are pleased to announce the release of the 10th patch for Xibo CMS v2.3, with 13 issues fixed in this release!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/2-3-10-released/
2 Likes

If you’re upgrading from an earlier version to 2.3.10, the version of MySQL bundled changes from 5.6 to 5.7 as 5.6 is now end of life.

You will therefore need to do some extra work to handle the MySQL 5.6-5.7 migration.

We will shortly update the official documentation to cover this, but in the interim, please use the following process. In all the steps below, please add the -f cms_custom-ports.yml flag as normal if you are using those templates instead of the standard files (eg docker-compose -f cms_custom-ports.yml down).

docker-compose down

Take a backup as normal. Once you have a backup, then run:

docker run --rm -ti -v /opt/xibo/shared/db:/var/lib/mysql mysql:5.7 bash

substituting /opt/xibo with the path to your Xibo installation

You’ll see a command prompt inside the MySQL container. Run the following command:

mysqld --skip-grant-tables &

MySQL will start up. Wait 10 seconds or so for that to happen, and then run the following. Note you won’t see a command prompt, so just type away and it will work!

mysql_upgrade

MySQL upgrader should run and complete successfully.

exit

will get you back to your normal console. You can then continue with the upgrade as normal (ie download the new docker-compose.yml and/or template files and then

docker-compose up -d

@alex
here it is not working. When I run “mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &” I get:
root@b1c442b979f3:/# mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &

[1] 7

root@b1c442b979f3:/# Logging to ‘/var/lib/mysql/b1c442b979f3.err’.

2021-08-26T11:35:18.767225Z mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql

2021-08-26T11:35:18.989974Z mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended
[1]+ Done mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables

Than I run “mysql_upgrade” and get this:
mysql_upgrade: Got error: 2002: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) while connecting to the MySQL server

Upgrade process encountered error and will not continue.

Any Idea?

You’d need to look in that log file and see why the database wasn’t able to start. Are you certain you mapped the correct path in for the volume?

-v /opt/xibo/shared/db:/var/lib/mysql

is only an example. You need to customise the first part to fit your actual installation location.

thanks, I have two folders:
/opt/xibo/shared/db
/opt/Xibo/shared/db

So it was the capital X :slight_smile:

1 Like