Xibo client player crash daily, due to Power Point becoming non responsive

Unexpected Power Point crash daily.
Presently on 1,4
Anyone seen this or had the same issue?
Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

If possible, the first idea would be to upgrade - there have been lots of fixes and improvements between 1.4 and 1.7.

Second idea would be to make sure your .NET framework is full up to date.

Third idea would be to have a look in the windows event viewer and post the full details of the app crash, we can see if anything jumps out.

Yes, I am in the process of upgrading… Just finished from 1.2 to 1.4 last week. We have just decided to stand up new server and install 1.7 fresh. Thanks for your help…

Fourth idea (after an upgrade) would be to check this manual page - PowerPoint
Perhaps it will give you some ideas on what could be wrong there or maybe you will decide to save it as video and upload to video module in Xibo as we recommend.

1 Like

I am in the process of installing 1.7 from scratch. I came into this job with Xibo already installed and setup, so it is taking me a bit. I have some issues while testing and was hoping you could help me. I am attaching a snip of the errors. the fileinfo error, I have made changes to php.ini but they I am still receiving the error? Any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you

I don’t think your original problem will be solved by reinstalling the CMS portion of the application - the error you are seeing is entirely related to the Player software not the CMS.

Anyway… :smile:

What changes have you made to php.ini? Enabling file_info should be fairly straight forward, but we do have a FAQ: How do I enable FileInfo in PHP