WMV Video stored on internal SharePoint

Hello, I am trying to display a .wmv video as local one since it is automatically stored (by a macro) at our internal SharePoint (MS SP 2013).

Various messages are displayed in protocols part:

1. Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: Unable to set and start a media node
  2. Layout Change to C:\Users\xibo-digital-signage\Documents\Xibo Library\9.xlf failed. Exception raised was: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: Unable to set and start a media node
  3. Unable to start new localvideo object: Unable to find the specified file.

Re aforementioned - To my knowledge XIBO should be able to display this file as local one (instead of uploading it every time it is updated). Also I am quite sure the link is correct (taken from SharePoint directly) and also I know XIBO user is allowed to access the SharePoint.

Please can you help me to fix this and make this solution run?

Many thanks.
Best,
Slavek

The Windows Player will expect the video to be on a local drive.

So you’d need the file to be at say c:\myvideo.wmv not http://someserver/myvideo.wmv

You could achieve that by mapping a network drive to the server that hosts that file and then add it to the layout as say n:\myvideo.wmv

Hi Alex, many thanks for your prompt answer. It is fixed and video is linked.

But now another issue appeared - the video duration is 30 seconds and I would like to make a loop so it is still repeated. But there is no such feature available like as by the standard videos uploaded to library. Is there any chance how to overwhelm this?

We use the video as part of internal visual mgmt - it is being displayed over the whole working period in day.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,
Slavek

You just add the same LocalVideo module to the region again and then it will loop between the two videos.

1 Like