Windows Multiple Client Display ID sharing problem

Hello there! I’m new to Xibo and attempting to run multiple Xibo players on a very powerful Windows 10 machine. I have copied and pasted the Xibo Player Folder to create Xibo Player2\XiboClient2.exe, etc. and created “options” shortcuts for each. The weird thing is when I change the Display ID on one of the clients, so that it shows in the CMS, it changes it on the others. I found the XiboClient.xml and XiboClient2.xml, in %appdata% but those don’t contain the Display ID.

Any assistance is appreciated! Thank you.

I think I see the problem. It looks like it saves the Display key in the local library folder, so I’ll have to use multiple local library directories as well.
(i.e. /Users/user_name/Documents/Xibo Library/hardwarekey)

Yes, the hardware key is stored there, but you also need to make sure that the player options is not running when you do so.

While somewhat tangential, it might be helpful. Sanitizing a client image for image capture (Symantec Ghost/CloneZilla/etc.) requires deleting the XML config files and the hardware key, while also making sure they aren’t in the player options, that way the files get generated uniquely on first run.

It’s also easier to set Windows hostname before first run of player options after image deployment, as the only way to change that is in the XML schema file and it is not dynamically updated.

Correct. You can’t run multiple players from a single Player library directory. They will conflict with each other if you attempt that.

Thank you both for the replies! I’m making progress now.