What is minimum system requirement to run 100 display clients

Hi,

I want to install XIBO CMS on linux machine, It would have probably 100 layouts (updating around 10 times in a month) and 100+ possible display clients.

What would be the minimum system configuration requirement to handle this load ?

Can i have rough estimation of CMS server configuration?

The answer is “it depends” unfortunately.

It depends upon the size of those updates, how frequently you have the Players collect from the CMS, whether you have proof of play stats turned on etc.

100 Players is generally achievable on a high-end VPS or mid-range dedicated server, but you should measure the Players usage on your typical workload with say 10 Players and scale up from that to be sure.

Lets say there is no setting for proof of play, No any other Email notification setup.

Just one layout from any of 100 layout downloaded once in each day by 100+ clients,

Layout duration around ( 1 minute ). and it is scheduled for 1 entire month.

What I said above applies then. A high-end VPS or mid-spec dedicated server should be fine, but plan to be able to scale up if/when required.

I currently run ~20 displays with a number of the more heavier plugins for one client and it definitely requires more than most ‘cheap’ VPS and even the beefier VPS from commercial providers didn’t end up providing enough to handle the ‘peak’, obviously depends on your clients’ expectations of how the web application should run.

I have a number of clients with individual Xibo setups and a set of dedicated servers for running it.

What I provide for my customers is basically what’s called a “dedicated VPS” or “dedicated virtual server” where you get a commitment from your provider for RAM and CPU, it’s more expensive than a $25/mo VPS but it’s also not $300/month.