What is currently the best player hardware?

I should also mention that RKM if you order a fair amount… say 50 units, they are willing to work with you on customizing some of the ROM, like boot image, default installed apps, and what not. We had them partially customize a ROM for us. We then added some additional customizations to make an image we use over and over. Really is great on the presentation side of things.

Can you please share contact information where you buy these from. And what other customizations you did.

Boot screen logo.
Xibo apk pre installed

Is there any good remote desktop options here?
Vnc/ teamvier

tali,

Please let Jane at Rikomagic know that Colin, from Wali Digital, Inc. suggested you contact them.
rkm2@rikomagic.com

The other customizations are just that, what we needed to do to get what we needed out of the system. Some beta stuff for us and hopeful future abilities.

VNC would be fantastic, but so far nothing that does not cost an arm a leg is consistent.

1 Like

I’ve found the T95Z Plus Android units to be an inexpensive solution for a Xibo/Android player box.
They’re great little power houses and do 4K right out of the box.

1 Like

Is it a good player. Did you test an other players

It’s been working well for me.
We have 7 of them sprinkled through out the office on various displays.

it works well with xibo 1.8.3

I’m working with a amazon fire tv stick, it works very fine.
Just install “es file explorer” with app store and load the apk from the network
Note: You have to activate in developer Settings the installing from disk apk’s…

Cool never thought about using a Firestick. :slight_smile:
Yeah, currently moving to 1.8.3 and client-side test on our Android units have been working as expected.

Im currently running Xibo on a ASUS EEEPC

Specs are:
Intel Atom N270, 1Gb Ram, 80Gb HDD, Windows 7 Ultimate
Wamp Stack by Bitnami version 5.6.33-0
-> Php 5.6
Python 3.4
Stand alone.

Can you tell me if you have done screen rotation with that T95Z? It isn’t a huge deal for the limited test system I am working on, but if effective I have vertical main displays I would consider updating.

Thanks in advance.

I suspect you just need to just need to go into Xibo’s Displays -> Display Settings.
Then the select the Location tab and change the Orientation to Portrait.
That should do the trick.

I have been trying to lock down an Android player. The biggest issue I have found in testing is that as of Android 5+ (pretty sure) HDMI output is locked into landscape mode. When going portrait it uses something called ‘Exploded Portrait View’ which basically means that the screen itself stays in Landscape and ‘rotates’ the Portrait mode app into a vertical display with massive black bars along the side. Think Landscape physically but tiny portrait mode on screen. Lots of wasted real-estate. Anyone have any thoughts or indications on this? I did extensive testing with custom rooted NVidia Shield Firmware.

Hello,
i bought a t95z plus 3G / 32Gb model player. The self-shutdown problem started when 1 or 2 hours of intensive video and image streaming. I think that is due to overheating.
Does anyone have such a problem? If you share your experiences, please be glad.

Have you tried creating a custom resolution in the Resolutions Dashboard?
Instead of 1920x1080 it would be 1080x1920 for 1080p height and width.
Or instead of 1280x720 it would be 720x1280 for 720p height and width.

The RTSP Video I’m streaming is hitching from time to time but it only has 16GB and 3GB RAM.
Which may be related to the T95Z being on for a while, but I’m not 100% on that.
I’ve made sure the device has plenty of space so heat can dissipate easily.

It’s always possible to get a dud T95Z unit, as they do seem to be cranking these suckers out.
A lot of different vendors are selling them on Amazon.
So you may want to try a T95Z branded by someone else.

Hope this helps.

I want say that using the app Tasker to do a daily reboot of my client Xibo players has helped the stability of the Android units.

We are using fire tv and fire tv cube. after you install the app and configure it the first time, it will autostart when the system boots, but takes about 1-2 minutes until it comes up.

Did you manage to root yours? If so, did you use a guide?