Well Known 'Xibo is not responding...' notification

Hi,

Since 2018/19 we used Xibo on different android devices. Unfortunately we received the same notification ‘Xibo is not responding. Would you like to close this app?’ on a daily basis. Therefore we decided to switch to Windows which is a much better option. However, I want to give it just one more go before I throw the towel in the ring. So, what I tried is the follwing:

I have used 3 different android boxes, Scishion v88, NexSmart and Xaomi.

I have used Android 5.1 and 6.

I have used paid licenses 1.7 and 1.8 client based players. I even tried the newest client version for a week (even though the client said I could use it for 14 days, I received the ‘license pool’ message after a slim 7 days.

I tried using the internal memory and external memory, both of them gave me the same old message.

The log file states “Application Not Responding detected. E = Application Not Responding”.

Every time the error appears, I fully need to restart the android device. I tried emptying the cache, but that doesn’t work either.

I read several other forum articles that contains the same issues. But none of the solutions offered worked for my situation.

I even used a layout with a simple rss feed, the problem still occurs.

I tried enables and disabling the ‘clear the cached data’ option. No effect.

The layouts I’m using consists different areas, one of them has google slides and youtube videos (1000x600 pixels), they all work perfectly on my Windows pc’s, I’m using an Acer Veriton model N282G on 720p for all of the locations. All of them have zero problems (and free licenses?). And the crashes occur on different moments.

Is there anything else I’m able to do to make it happen? It’s not about the licenses I purchased, even though my feelings are that there are a lot more people having problems with android clients than pc clients. But right now I don’t have any clue what could be the issue. Thanks.

does this mean the windows player dont crash at all and that of the androids crashes at different times?

what CMS version are currently using? and what xibo player version?

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes, the Windows clients work perfect.

My CMS version is 1.8.9. The client versions are 1.8 (108).

I did another analysis and they all crashes during Youtube videos. I’m gonna do another test with a layout without youtube videos to see if it holds up.

1 Like

Please do open a ticket with our Help Desk if you are experiencing issues with Xibo for Android licences.

Thank you

A YouTube video is just about the hardest thing you can ask the device to do for you - its playing that through the browser on the device (whatever that might be) and is essentially a hands off process from the Xibo perspective.

I’m sure that all of the devices you’ve tested with are great boxes, but none of them are ones we’ve tried i’m afraid. It just isn’t practical for us to try every device available and the experience between different devices and different manufacturers varies greatly.

I think its fair to say that your typical windows environment will have much more horse power than any android box you’re looking at - that being said we’ve spent hours producing an android box (dscs9) which performs well and that we’ve tested with.

If you contact the help desk as Natasha says, we can try your layout on that box to see if we also experience the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.