Website components (.js, .css) do not load

Hi,
i am using 1.8 for a while and all works pretty fine.
Now i made a new layout with one URL, very simple. The Website contains some .js and some .css files, which are present.

On the Player PC (Windows 10) this URL runs on MS Edge, on IE 11 and on Chrome. Only the xibo Player does not Show the site correct, seems all .js and .css files are missing / not loaded.

I dont know the reason. We Display such sites as production System on some Players running on 1.7.9 and do not have any Problems.

Have you made the registry changes for IE11?

The installer should do it, but it’s worth checking them.

How are you including your webpage? Using the Embedded HTML type? Or webpage? And in what modes? You probably want “Open Natively”

In earlier Versions i made this registry entries, since 1.7.9 not, because installer does this.

the player installer ob 1.8.RC2 makes probably a mistake while entering these registry entries:
after Installation you can find the entry for the 64bit Windows in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]

That is not the path Microsoft describes. the right path is

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main**FeatureControl**FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]

I use “Webpage” and enter simply the URL, using “open natively”.

I now downloaded 1.8.RC2 and make a completely new Installation of the Server and the Player. I will Report my testings.

Greetings from Austria

@Alex

my english is not so good, i hope i can declare the Problem:

we have a Webpage which Displays photovoltaik energy in real time. we have a datalogger and a Server in the Background and a html5 site with some .js files for the users. when starting the site in any browser, the site makes a session with our Server and gets data pushed Initial and on every changing.

we put this URL into a layout as Webpage. when the Player starts, the sire is shown correctly. Lets say, we have a Duration of 60 seconds. Three or four times the site is ok, but suddenly the Player does only Show the Background of the site but no data… No way to get data with F5.

After restarting the Player, everything seems ok but the game is the same.

this is how it lookes after starting the Player:

this is how it Looks after some repeats:

I dont know where to begin to search the Problem. Version is 1.8RC2 on my Test-System and 1.7.9 on the customers signage Display. W7 64bit

I hope, you can help

I wonder if that’s IE cache not working correctly.

Perhaps try change IE settings, IE → Internet options, General tab → Settings under ‘browsing history’ → Temporary Internet Files → enable Every time I visit the webpage

@Peter
that was my first thought, Problem persists on “Every time…” and on “Never” and on “Automatic”.

Multiple tests Show: Independent of the Duration within the timeline, the site Comes correctly exact SIX times, the 7. repeat Shows no data any more.
After restart of the Player we get 6 times a correct singage.

When we modify the Duration while the Player is showing incorrect site, the Player reacts on the Duration Change, but no data is shown. Only a restart of the Player helps.

May i post the URL here?

I made a campagne with two layouts (one with a simple clock, the other with our energy site, Duration each 10 sec) and we get 6 times clock + data and then clock + no data.

Repetition of this game every restart of the Player.

That’s really odd.

Yes, you can post the URL here, if it’s publicly accessible I’d like to test it on our devices.
(you can also send it or your exported layout to me via private message).

layout Export is not possible in 1.8RC2, there are postings within this Forum, Problem is unsolved.

the layout contains one item on the timeline: a Webpage, Duration 10 sec (for testing), open nativly

I send you the URL via pm.

We made some additional tests: we included a meta with a self-repetition of 10 sec within our energy site and started it in IE11, Edge, Firefox and Chrome. The site repeats correctly over and over.

Fazit: only in xibo Player the site works 6 times…