WEBOS 3.0 keeps 'not registered'

Hello,

We have WEBOS 3.0 LG displays with xibo for webos version 1.8 on a 1.8.13 CMS.

It always worked fine but suddenly the displays stopped updating.

In the CMS the displays are are assigned and authorized.

The screens are connected to the internet.
The status gives:
Licenced: Licensed

Any idea what this could be?

br, Bert

Hi Bert, sorry to hear about your issue. Can you confirm if you are using Lets Encrypt SSSL certificates?

Can you also confirm the model of the display you are using and the firmware version installed?

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,

Yes lets encrypt is in use.

The display models are : LG 42LS75C
The firmware I didn’t check, but the displays are from 2018 and never updated the firmware.
Could the firmware be the problem? It always worked and in the CMS, client and display nothing changed.

Thank you for your reply. There was a change to the root certificate recently which has caused connection issues on some devices, webOS included. You can read more about this change here.
LG released a series of firmware fixes for this, I will send you the link in a private message. Please can you upgrade the firmware on your 42LS75C and confirm if you can now connect to your CMS?

Many Thanks.

Thanks Dan, I’ll try and let you know asap

Hi Dan,

This solved my issue. Thanks for the support.

Bert

Excellent news, thank you for letting me know that the firmware upgrade has resolved the issue. If you require firmware for any other LG signage displays you are using with your CMS please let me know and I can pass on more links.

Many Thanks.

I let you know if we’ve other LG displays
:+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.