Webhooks on Android Player 3 R309

Greetings. Recently I am trying the webhook in different kinds of Xibo players. I have successfully sending webhook request to Xibo player (Windows based) and change the layout. However, it does not work in Android Players.

The two players uses the same layout and I posted the same Json request to both player (with different IP address). Windows player returns code 200 and switch the layout immediately. Android player returns code 204 with no content and keeps playing the original layout.

I have already enabled Embedded Web Server allow WAN? setting and disabled Force HTTPS? setting on both players and it still does not work. Is there anything I missed?

*I am using a trial version of Android Xibo Player for testing, do the webhook function is disabled in trial version?

(Edited: I have also assigned the layout that required to switch to the Android Player, but it still does not response)

Hi Herman_Kwan, welcome to the community!

If you can send me a copy of your layout in a private message I would be happy to test this on my Xibo for Android R309 player. The trial version of the player is identical to the full player so this should not be the cause of the issue you are experiencing. If the trial period has expired this will effect the player’s performance, otherwise it should be working.

Do you have XMR configured for your Xibo for Android player? If yes, you could try sending the web hook trigger code from your CMS to see if the result is the same.

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW,

Sorry for the late reply. Attached please find the screen captures of my player’s settings and what the Postman returns in trigger. I have exported our layouts as zip files and can be downloaded on the following links:

Default Layout:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dLSHmIyF6rHkvWaOLnKYWYf8iz9tf9QM&authuser=compuvisionhk%40gmail.com&usp=drive_fs

Screen Saver Layout:
Screen Saver Layout

For using XMR and CMS to create triggers, we have successfully triggered webhooks on Windows players and failed in Android version.

FYI, the specification of our Android Device:
Kernel Version: 4.19.219
Root Privilege: No

Thank you for sharing your layouts. I have been testing and I discovered that I was able to replicate your issue when I was trying to trigger a web hook on a default layout. If you use the schedule menu to create an event for your default layout, can you confirm if the triggers now work?

Many Thanks.

I have tried using the scheduled Action Event in Schedule. the trigger still does not work.

Hi Harman_Kwan.

Since my last message the issue I reported for interactive actions now working on default layouts for R309 has been replicated and reported for a solution by the developers. They will look at resolving that issue in a future release. In short, there is an issue with interactive layouts set as the default layout for a display so please make sure to set a completely different layout for the default to be sure the issue cannot occur.

Having tested your layouts and found the action functionality is working well when set as a standard event, I would like to troubleshoot why this is not working for you. Can you make sure that you have the setting Enable touch capabilities on the device? set to True for this display?

Also as a test, can you install R307 and confirm if the issue persists? You can download the player from here.

If the issue still persists, please let me know in a reply to this post and create a ticket on the help desk for further support.

Many Thanks.

I have enabled touch capabilities for the Android Player in CMS but it still not work. Also, I have tried R307 and the issue persists.

Hi DanBW,

Would you mind sharing the settings of “Set the layout as a standard event”? Does it means I need to set the “Default Layout” as a “Layout” Event in schedule, And add “Action” Event for the change layout webhook? Thank you.

Hi Herman_Kwan. You need to got to the Schedule menu in your CMS and create a layout event for your layout named Default Layout, the same way you have in your first screenshot. Please also make sure that you have a different layout set as the default layout for that display.

You don’t need to create an Action event as shown in your second screenshot because you have already added the action to your layout named Default Layout.

In short, if you have your layout named Default layout set as the actual default layout for your player, the actions do not work. If you schedule that layout, or any layout as an event and it has actions configured, those should work.

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW. Thanks for your sharing and now I can use the trigger with POSTMAN.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.