Video crashes player

Before completing please check that the time, date and timezone have been correctly set on the device running the Player.

To be completed by the original poster:

Player Version

windows 4 R401.0-401 this has been happening from many versions now, I have just hoped it would resolve itself with the new 4.0 versions.

Issue

When ever I include a video in a layout the player player that layout a few times and then crashes. Sometimes the player locks up the machine. I did capture an error in the logs when this seems to be happening.

The layout is a simple two pictures on top of a video running in the background. nothing fancy or complex about it.

2023-09-27 10:42:16MainStack Trace: at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.WriteableBitmap…ctor(Int32 pixelWidth, Int32 pixelHeight, Double dpiX, Double dpiY, PixelFormat pixelFormat, BitmapPalette palette)
at CefSharp.Wpf.Rendering.WritableBitmapRenderHandler.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<CreateOrUpdateBitmap>b__0() in C:\projects\cefsharp\CefSharp.Wpf\Rendering\WritableBitmapRenderHandler.cs:line 145
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at System.Windows.Window.Show()
at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
at XiboClient.App.RunClient(Boolean screenSaver) in C:\Users\User\Documents\Source\xibo-dotnetclient\App.xaml.cs:line 116
at XiboClient.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in C:\Users\User\Documents\Source\xibo-dotnetclient\App.xaml.cs:line 79
2023-09-27 10:42:16MainUnhandled Exception: Startup: MILERR_WIN32ERROR (Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980003)
2023-09-27 10:34:28RegionDurationElapsedEvent: E=Unable to set any region media nodes.
2023-09-27 10:34:16RegionDurationElapsedEvent: E=Unable to set any region media nodes.
2023-09-27 10:34:16VideoMediaElement_MediaFailed: 814 Media Failed. E = Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D11C6

Provide screenshots where possible!

If you have updated your windows including graphic drivers to the latest available, I can only imagine that this CefSharp problem is still not solved on Intel i3/i5/i7 from 10th gen and above.

Do a search here for CefSharp and you wil see a few posts about it.

Hi there,
I may add ourselve into your case too…
Our hardware is Intel Core i5, 9th Generation, running latest updates from Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit with 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD
The Xibo player for Windows throws exact error like what you have, every hour. And our layout is just a 3 x Text boxes with some rich-text format, using the built-in Text in CMS. The background is 1.1 MB image

So this is known issue that need updates then?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.