Version 1.8 Alpha installation confusion

Having been a Xibo user for several years, I’ve tried to install 1.8 Alpha CMS (Windows with Xampp).

When I tried to run it, I got the following errors:

"Warning: require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xibo/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\xibo\web\index.php on line 29

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘C:\xampp\htdocs\xibo/vendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=’.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR’) in C:\xampp\htdocs\xibo\web\index.php on line 29"

I moved the “web” folder directly below C:\xampp\htdocs\xibo and got the same error.

Is testing of 1.8 limited to Unix Server environments or am I possibly missing something? I did look at Ver 1.8.0 Alpha install error but it seems to relate to pre-Alpha release problems on Unix servers.

Thanks

I am running the 1.8 Alpha and also Developer on separate machines. Both use Wamp ( I know not exactly the same). The problem I think you are running into is you need to configure the .htacess file for your server.

You may want to look at this

Also you want to read the installation notes here

Also please move the topic to the Dev category please.

You have downloaded the release ZIP file? or are you installing from source? It looks like the latter and therefore you need to read here: GitHub - xibosignage/xibo-cms: Xibo Content Management System

It is much easier to use the release ZIP file, as the vendor folder is provided for you.

EDIT: I see why you are confused, we’ve only provided a .tar.gz of the release archive. For the purposes of testing you should be able to use that on windows.

Thanks for your responses and suggestions,

I must admit that my lack of technical knowledge might be more of an issue than anything else :slight_smile:

Yes, you are right (Dan) - I did try to use the ZIP and TAR.GZ files but there’s obviously more work involved in getting these to “install” other than just copying their folder structure to a “xibo” folder beneath the “htdocs” folder (XAMPP) and then browsing to it, as was done with prior versions.

Looking at https://github.com/dasgarner/xibo-cms in relation to editing the .htaccess file, I’m not sure whether this is necessary or where it should sit in the folder structure if I’ve copied the distribution to its own “xibo” folder structure as documented above (ie directly below the XAMPP “htdocs” folder)

I did attempt to follow repository install method (https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-cms#installation-from-the-repository) but came unstuck when it attempted to pull files down to our network across port 22, which is blocked at the firewall for our testing network.

It looks as if I’ll have to pass up on the Alpha testing but I’m interested to know whether this is the means whereby the actually release for 1.8 (and future releases) will be disseminated and set up.

Thanks for your help

The release page in GitHub contains the source code in ZIP/Tar formats and then a release archive as a tar.gz - it is the release archive you want, highlighted below:

The release archive contains a pre-build vendor folder, which means you don’t need to get that yourself over port 22. In fact the process of installation is the same as with previous versions of the software, extract the archive according to the instructions in the release notes and then run through the web install / upgrade.

We hope to release alpha2 this week, at which point I will make sure there is a release archive in ZIP format as well - and perhaps elaborate a little on the release page as to which files should be downloaded.

1 Like

Thanks - all good (and up and running). My misunderstanding!