You cannot use XMR directly - instead you use the CMS API to trigger actions on the player. There are a number of actions available, which are listed in the API document: http://xibo.org.uk/manual-tempel/api/#/displayGroup
They all require a displayGroupId, which can either be a real group, or a specific display using its own special displayGroupId.
If you are scheduling new content to players, they will already be using XMR to detect that content change and update themselves immediately. If each content change needs new content to be shown, you can’t make that happen any quicker, because the player needs to download that content.
The flow is:
- Content Changes
- CMS detects that content is active on displays
- XMR collectNow message sent to displays
- Displays connect to XMDS and receive new content
If existing content needs to be shown, then using a changeLayoutAction might be the way to go as the content is pre-downloaded and will change immediately.
- You send changeLayoutAction message
- Display immediately shows that pre-cached Layout
Does this make more sense?