Upgrading CMS to new version/server

CMS Version

Installation Method

Docker or Custom install

Operating System

Windows server 2012 R2 to Windows Server 2019

Issue

Let me start by saying I was not the original installer so please treat me like I’m new. I’m wanting to upgrade my CMS version 1.8.10 installed on Windows 2012 R2 to the latest version and then migrate to a new server with Server 2019 installed. What would be the best way to to this? Do I need to upgrade to a newer version before I can update to the latest? How do I go about updating? and then what do I need to do to move servers? Can I backup and restore or should I just start new on Server 2019? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,
How many presentations?
How many client do you have ?
Depending on all these , a fresh install might be a good choice…

We have 8 Windows clients and 12 Android clients and about 15 presentations. If I do fresh install is there a way I can backup the presentaions?

Not sure about that, I will let the admin replies.
But I would recommend migrating to a linux/docker install that is easier to maintain and upgrade.
That’s what I did too.
Have a look at this :

you should first backup everything! focus on the database.

Than upgrade your current CMS tot every latest of the version. So go to the latest 1.8.x first and then move on to the latest 2.x and finish with the latest 3.x

Since this is a local CMS, you can just copy your upgraded database to the new CMS. If you want to have this done in a Docker, add phpmyadmin image to your docker-compose.yml in order to restore the database from your local CMS to docker.

So I tried the Docker install. I have the files in C:\Xibo\xibo-docker-3.3.0. How do I point the Docker to the files?
When I run docker run -d -p 80:80 xibo-docker-3.0.0 I get error unable to find image

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.