Upgraded custom CMS to 2.3.14, says RewriteBase is handled by Docker?

To be completed by the original poster:

CMS Version

Installation Method

Custom install

Operating System

Windows Server with XAMPP 7.2.34

Issue

Hello all,

Just upgraded our CMS to v2.3.14. Everything is installed and the migration was a success, but I’m having trouble understanding how it’s handling web redirects now. In v2.3.10 and earlier, I’d modify \xibo-xms\web.htaccess and add a RewriteBase line there. In v2.3.14 the .htaccess file has a note saying:

htaccess file for CMS instances running in /

if you are running using an alias or from a sub-folder, please refer to the file in docker/tmp

if you previously set a RewriteBase in here, the file in docker/tmp replaces that approach

RewriteEngine On

I’m a little confused here because we’re not using Docker. There doesn’t appear to be any Docker folder in our CMS either.

What am I missing? Thanks!

So I spent some more time checking this out, and the two WAMP/IIS versions published on January 11th, 2022 have this Docker file in place of the normal .htaccess file. Namely, the WAMP/IIS versions of 2.3.14 and 3.0.6 both are referencing Docker for some reason. The change logs for both make no mention of a new redirect method, so I’m thinking this is a bug and somehow Docker files ended up in the web server releases.

Just to be thorough, I check all other versions of 2.3.x and 3.0.x: 2.3.10, 2.3.11, 2.3.12, 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.3, 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 all have the expected redirect and .htaccess.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.