Update dataset image every time the layout is displayed

Hi,

I have installed Xibo to display some news and a set of images. I have a web page to display a random image and a dataset with some rows that references that page. My problem is that Xibo doesn’t update the images every time reloads the layout, this images are renewed every minute approximately. How I can force to update the images every time?

And now I will explain what I have:
The web page (random.php) that I reference has this code:

<?php
include('randomImages.php');
$result = getRandomImages(1);
$file = $result[0];
$type = 'image/jpeg';

header('Content-Type:'.$type);
header('Content-Length: ' . filesize($file));
header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Pragma: no-cache");
header("Expires: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");

readfile($file);
?>

I a dataset with two columns and two rows each column that references that page.
I have a layout with a Data Set that have a Update Interval at 0 min.

A lot of thanks! :smile:

When a data set requests an image it queues the images for download during the next collection interval, which I imagine is 1 minute on your installation. Unfortunately there isn’t any way to speed that up at the moment.

It should get faster with 1.8, because changing the images required will send a “collect now” message to the CMS, which will download the new images.

Seems like a module that pre-downloads all of the images first and then selects from them randomly would be a better approach here - I believe there is already a feature request for that: Random Images Slideshow