Unknown Error, uploading media (png) file

CMS Version

3.0.3, Non-docker install on a VPS

I have a new CMS install, white-labeled, with a custom theme. I have successfully created several DataSets, and have created two “test” users. The system functionality appeared to be working well until I went to upload my first media file, in this case a 227K PNG file.

My php.ini has a max upload set for 512M, and I’m logged in as SuperAdmin, with all features checked.
No matter what type of file I attempt to upload (jpg, png, etc), the empty status bar appears very briefly but never displays, instead I immediately get an “Unknown Error” response.

My php.ini file reads as follows:

My library folder appears to be in the correct location outside of the ‘web’ folder, and appears to be called with the proper path location in the CMS configuration tab on the System Settings. That folder also appears to have the correct read/write permissions.

I’m grateful for any ideas on where to look.

RESOLVED.

I ended up deleting the entire CMS (which was a fresh install anyway) and re-installed it. Again, the installer software reported all green checks with no errors, created a path to the library, confirmed the CMS was writing to the library without issue, …and again, the system threw “unknown error” whenever I tried to upload a media file through the portal.

After wiping the CMS out of the folder again and performing another clean install, this time I overrode the default “library” folder option and gave it my own folder and path. Confirmed the path in the CMS configuration settings - problem solved. I’m still unclear why it worked only when forcing my own, differently named folder (in the same location, and with the same permissions as the last two) - but it worked.

Hope this helps someone else.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.