Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Client Windows 10

Hi,

I’m wondering if there’s a version of the Xibo Client adapted to the assigned access in Windows 10 OS.

As you know the assigned access in Windows 10 accepts only the Metro Apps (the ones downloaded from the Windows Store).

I tried myself converting the app using the Desktop App Converter didn’t get to do it (signature problem).

Using the Windows 8.1 EI I had the ELM tool to lock the player and set it as a kiosk tool (whether for digital signage or web service).

My questions are:

Is there a way to set Xibo player on a assigned access (Convert the CWP (classique desktop application) of Xibo player to an UWP (Universal Appx)) ?

If not, is the dev-team of the player are envisaging to do something on this way ?

Did anybody from the dev-team succeeded to make the conversion with DAC tool ?

Forget to say something… You guys ROCK, I spent my time to discover the CMS with all its options and a lot of times I said to myself , theses guys knew exactly what to do and what to NOT do with a big smile.

Thanks

Thank you for this comment, it is very nice to hear that you like the way the CMS is put together!

As for your question - we’ve not spent any time looking at - although it does look like it would be a nice feature to have. We’ve not got time at the moment to look into it, but I will move this over to the “features” topic so that we can consider it for future releases.

1 Like