Unable to start XMR queue

Hello Everyone

Just want to start with saying Xibo is awsome!

But I do have a tiny issue with my android player playing the changes I make. The way I have it set up is each device (right now i have two, windows and android) has a default layout. The problem occurs when I edit the layout by adding or removing an image, the android player goes to the default splash screen and does not automatically take the changes. I have to force close the xibo app and relaunch and then the changes take place.
The error code that appears in the log of the android device is:

173 2018-04-21 09:48 Unable to start XMR queue: class java.lang.IllegalArgumentException/java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host "cms.example.org": No address associated with hostname

172 2018-04-21 09:48 XMR unresponsive, issue reconfigure.
171 2018-04-21 09:45 Prepare Image - General Error, message = Unsupported Image. Unable to decode.
170 2018-04-21 09:44 Prepare Image - General Error, message = Unsupported Image. Unable to decode.
169 2018-04-21 09:44 Prepare Image - General Error, message = Unsupported Image. Unable to decode.
168 2018-04-21 09:44 Prepare Image - General Error, message = Unsupported Image. Unable to decode.

Its really no big deal closing/re-launching the app, however when I go into production and have many devices it could be a tiny hassle.

In the past when i edit the layout, and then “schedule now” i never experienced it. I Dont really know what is the proper way to make changes so content is auto updated.

Any ideas of what it could be?
Thanks in advance!

I’m spitballing, but I think you’ve overlooked supplying the URL of your CMS somewhere in configuration: ‘cms.example.org’ is a placeholder, guaranteed not to resolve.