Unable to restore library after fresh install 2.3.3

Followed directions from https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/xibo-cms-with-docker-on-ubuntu-18-04

I now have a fresh installation of 2.3.3, but all my media and settings are gone.

I have a backup of everything from my previous /xibo/shared, including the library and db backups, but I am uncertain how to go about restoring. I have attempted to migrate everything into the new library and db folders, but keep failing to get the media to show.

I fear I may have messed up and not backed up the settings.php file…am I screwed? Struggling to find any topics specifically on restoring a database from a backup, and not just upgrading over the top.

Thank you!

• Down the containers
  • Copy the backup of your library back in to shared/cms/library
  • Copy the last automatic backup of the database (shared/backup/db/latest.sql.gz) in to shared/backup
  • Uncompress shared/backup/latest.sql.gz
  • Rename shared/backup/latest.sql to shared/backup/import.sql
  • Rename shared/db to shared/db-old
  • Up the containers

You’ll see it import your database backup and you should be restored at that point.

Assuming everything is OK, delete shared/db-old

1 Like

Alex…

Thank you so much! I can’t tell you how many community posts I have read with your responses on them, and appreciated the detailed and straight to the point answers. They have helped me countless times. However I never thought I would be getting a response from you myself one day.

The uncompressing of the database is the piece I was missing. After changing that to import.sql and upping the containers, everything is back to good now. Took about 15-20 minutes for the IP to update before I could see the webpage, but users and media are all there. Lifesaver.

This type of service and support is why we will continue to use Xibo. Thank you again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.