Unable to register due to Error : intjava.lang.String.length


#1

Hi,

We’ve juste moved our CMS on a new server and since then, our Xibo Android Client doesn’t connect anymore to our CMS XIBO 1.7.8 (NB : I can not update it).
Unable to register due to Error. Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘intjava.lang.String.length()’ on a null objet reference.
Status : this display has not registreted with your CMS. Please check that your CMS adress is correct and that you have allowed this display a licence in the Display Management Page.

Could you please help us with this issue?

Thanks.


#2

Which Xibo for Android version are you using please?
It’s usually the best to use CMS and players in the same series ie for 1.7 CMS, you most likely want to use 1.7R64 Xibo for Android.

Regarding the second part, do you see your Android display on the Displays page in the CMS?


#3

Thanks for you help.
But the problem appears only once I’ve moved the CMS on an other host server. The dongle worked well before that, the connection was ok…


#4

I imported the files and database on a new server.
I used the Xibo 1.7R 64 android app and got the the same message.

No error in the server error logs


#5

from the Windows client I get:

Status
Client found response content type of 'text/plain;charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
Your client is not the correct version to communicate with this CMS.

this message on the server:

500 POST /xmds.php?v=5&method=registerDisplay HTTP/1.0

I can log in the interface without problem but I cannot attach a client.
On the old server It works without fail.


#6

That would imply rather directly that :

You will want to ensure that the CMS and player are in the same series ie 1.7 CMS with 1.7 player, 1.8 CMS with 1.8 player.


#7

Yes, I now took the right version on github, 1.7.9 and got this message.

Status
Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with an empty response.

This seems to be the same problem on android


#8

Ok, I found the problem x)
we needed to install the soap package.

apt install php5.6-soap

Thanks for your help :slight_smile: