Twitter v 1.7.4

Afternoon

I’m getting the error

Error contacting Twitter API: error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: c:\xampp\php\ca-bundle2.crt
CApath: none

I’ve tried with both the .crt and .pem certificates from the Curl site in the last day or so. I get the same error message whether I’m referring to the crt or the pem. They are definitely located in c:\xamp\php\ - I’ve updated php.ini and restarted accordingly every time I’ve made a change to no avail.

I’ve read that apache might not have permission to read from the file but not sure which user account it’s trying to read as. My domain admin account has full control over apache and the c:.

I’ve checked our search term (from:username) on the twitter site and that works.

I’ve followed the guide I found on here about adding the certificates and I’ve got the relevant API keys, which is all there, and verified the twitter module in Xibo.

I’ve come to a bit of a dead end with it, can anyon help!?

If the file definitely exists then it’s likely filesystem permissions. I don’t know who Apache runs as on your system but you should be able to get that from the process listing. That user needs permission to read that file.

Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply

Apache is running as a local system account, SYSTEM has full control (with inheritance) over the xampp folder anyway as it’s on c:\

We are behind a proxy but I’ve added all the details into the xibo settings and on the apache server.

Still no joy!

You’re absolutely certain the file doesn’t have an extra hidden extension (eg cacert.pem.txt)?

Failing that, I think then you might try a forum specific to XAMPP. What you’ve done should work so I’m not sure we’re going to be able to offer you much more in the way of support.

Absolutely certain, I’m afraid!

I’m going to try a reinstall, I’ve been googling this for about two days now without joy.

Thanks for your help, will report back!

This is very odd indeed… there are some suggestions that it might be an “unclean” certificate file - see: https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/general-discussion/curl-error-60-ssl-certificate-problem-unable-to-get-local-issuer-certificate/replies/52954

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply

I’ve tried using the certificate from the above site and the error log has changed to:

501 15-12-04 09:32:05 CMS Twitter getToken Error contacting Twitter API: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate.

I’m assuming it’s a problem with the certificate?

I’ve also upgraded to 1.7.5.

Thanks for the suggestions.

OK, what can we take away from that :confused:

I think your first certificate was corrupted in some way and curl couldn’t parse/load it. Your second certificate doesn’t contain the correct certs for Twitter (this is a guess).

Try a 3rd one? It sounds lame as a suggestion but i’m totally out of ideas, sorry