Twitter module not working properly

To be completed by the original poster:

CMS Version

Player Type

Windows

Player Version

v2-R200

Issue

Caveat: I just inherited managing Xibo from someone no longer with our organization and there is zero documentation about our setup, so I’m flying completely blind. My apologies if I didn’t search properly for a fix before posting here

We have a layout that scrolls tweets returned from our organizations twitter account. The Twitter widget in the layout is configured with the search term (from:CrouseHealth). Currently, this only shows one tweet in the layout. When I go to twitter.com/search and enter the same search string, there’s a lot more than 1 tweet. The Type variable is set to recent but the issue persists when set to Popular and Mixed.

Am I missing something simple? Or is there a bigger issue at play?

The module uses the Twitter Search API, which isn’t the same as the Twitter search, and it returns a selection of recent tweets only.

Assuming if you change the search to something other than CrouseHealth that posts more frequently you get more responses, then it’s likely just what is available from the Twitter API.

Understood. Thanks for the explanation!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.