Twitter Module Error

Hi,

One of my users is having some trouble with the twitter module of xibo.
When they use the twitter option in the timeline nothing will show up in the preview or on the active displays.

We’re running 1.7.0 on both server and clients, all I can see in the logs at the moment is:

15677 2015-03-24 09:18:18 CMS Twitter getToken Twitter Error: Unknown Error
15675 2015-03-24 09:18:18 CMS Twitter getToken Twitter API returned status. Unable to proceed.
15613 2015-03-24 09:17:04 CMS Twitter getToken Bearer Token served from API
15611 2015-03-24 09:17:04 CMS Twitter getTwitterFeed Querying API for chew valley school

Does that ring any bells with any of you?

Thanks

David

Maybe this? Using Tickers, Forecast, Twitter and other external resources that make use of HTTPS connections

1.7.2 has a lot of fixes, you’d be well advised to upgrade. :smiling_imp:

I’ve checked the logs and there appear to be no SSL errors, but I’ll try teh upgrade to 1.7.2 tonight

I’ve just finished upgrading the server and clients to 1.7.2, now i get:
76529 15-03-24 04:32:09 CMS Twitter getToken Error contacting Twitter API: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

yay!
cries

HI Dan, I’m using that guide but I’m struggling a little bit.

I’ve grabbed the CA file from curl, and I now need to modify the php.ini file to point it at the certificate file.

Do i need to use the entire cacert.pem file or do I use only 1 or the certificates in there?

and where in the php.ini file do I put:
curl.cainfo=c:\xamp\php\cacert.pem

You use the whole pem file.

You find the existing curl.cainfo line and modify it as required. If it’s not there, then you add it to the end of the file.

Thanks, that appears to be working now

Now I’ve got it working, can it be set to use just one feed, rather than searching twitter for all results?

Is there a guide for twitter and xibo I can give to the folks who create the layouts and designs?

We haven’t written a guide yet as the module is fairly new - as you can see the manual page is very bare indeed!

The search API in twitter works on search terms - so you need to specify the search string on the twitter module. That will cut down the results accordingly.

I’ve not tried it, but Twitter says you can use:

To show tweets from just that user. Maybe try that?

I have from:twitterer and it works fine for me

1 Like