Trying to Xibo without player?

I want to use xibo without a player. So I have a smart TV and I’m trying to create a .html that I can run in its browser.

For this I have developed generator functions that generate content and write it into a default html template.

everything works fine but I have a problem. We know that the player downloads image, video and js files from the server. But iframe files are created and downloaded from xmds with a request. But I am not using any function on the display side, like RegisterDisplay, req files etc. Therefore, unfortunately I cannot get the iframe source htm files in the html file I want. What can I do about this. When I send a request to a file in the form of mediaId.htm on the server, unfortunately it does not work. Please help.

Hi and welcome,

Xibo doesn’t support what you’re trying to do at present - you must use a player to display content from the CMS. If your smart TV supports webos/tizen or android you might be able to install a player on it.

We have some road mapped features for 4.1 which will allow you to share/embed a Layout, which I think would do what you wanted in this case, although these features still will not include the full benefits of using a player.

Why do you need Xibo in your use case? You could just pop your HTML on a webserver somewhere?

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

Thans for your reply. I’m junior developer and I just trying to develop some projects. And I used xibo with player, to improve myself, I tried to make a system that generates html without a player.

Awesome! good luck with your projects.

If you haven’t seen these docs already, they discuss how Xibo players are put together and how the player API is used to download and display content.

Xibo is very cautious about how content is exposed from the CMS - security in digital signage is a hugely important topic, which is why we don’t serve assets unauthenticated over HTTP. If you want to design a system that does this, you certainly could using Middleware, but then you’d have to make sure you handle authentication, etc as part of your project.

By the way, here is the roadmap for creating a shareable/embeddable layout preview:

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

I think this repo will help me a lot for what I want to do. thank you for your help. Kind regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.