Trying to downgrade webOS firmware but it doesnt show the downgraded version of the USB

Hello,

I am trying to downgrade the version of webOS from 6.0.0-56(libertyspikes-lager) to 4.0 by updating the firmware version from 03.25.50 to 04.08.30.
I did use the USB with the right version of the firmware in the right folder with the right name however when i try to update the version, the file doesnt show on the TV and i can’t select anything.
The reference of the TV is 43UH5J.
Is there a problem with the TV or am i doing something wrong here ?

Have a good day.

Thank you for your message. The UH5J is a webOS 6 signage model. You cannot change the webOS version installed on a display. You can see in the screenshot below the models that use the 04.08.30 firmware. The UH5J is not one of the displays that uses that firmware, which is why it will not work.

In short, you cannot downgrade an LG display to a different webOS version. You can only downgrade to older firmware releases compatible with your display, but the webOS version will remain the same.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for your response,
Is there any other ways to be able to install xibo and to link it to a xibo server on webOS 6.0?

To install the Xibo for webOS player you will need to follow the instructions in the installation guide. There are two methods to install the Xibo player, by USB or remotely.

You can find the installation guide here and you can download a copy of the latest player from this post.

When the player is installed you can connect it to your CMS. If you do not licence the player a 14 day trial will begin automatically.

Many Thanks.

It works !
Thank you so much for your time !

Have a nice day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.