Tidy library issue

Hello,

it seems that the function “Tidy library” doesn’t work properly on my installation.
To test, I have added and removed an image from a layout but the tidy function tell me that:

Tidying your Library will delete any media that is not currently in use.

You do not have any library files that are not in use.

Any idea?

Xibo 1.8.1 Docker edition on Debian linux box.

I assume you actually do have some files that are not in use, but they are no detected by the CMS?

I wonder if it’s related to your other topic regarding removing media files.

I have no idea… with 1.7.x versions I had not this issue.
Just tested, I can delete manually any other files except the one mentioned in the other topic.

I’m checking the permissions on library folder on CMS, 0755 it’s correct ?

I am having this issue on 1.8.1 as well. I currently have an API setup to pull an image and create a layout every minute. This means that I have now 12k media files. However, this morning I removed all but 5 layouts and still, the tidy library says I have none to clean up. I can manually remove them just fine, but since there is not a select all and delete selected, I can’t clean up 12k media files easily.

Any thoughts on what I should do here?

Thanks
Nathan

I see from another post that this is a bug.

Yes. It’s basically a duplicate thread from the OP.

Is there any workaround to this issue other than to delete each media asset one at a time?

Thanks,
Nathan

There’s two patches in the linked bug report. You could apply those, or wait for 1.8.2 to be released.

1 Like

Thanks, Alex, I should have checked there first.

Regards,
Nathan

Using Online CMS and Tidy will not remove files even though they are not in use!

If it’s a Xibo in the Cloud CMS, please log a support ticket with support@springsignage.com detailing the names of one or more of the media items you think the system should be deleting, and the CMS instance name, and we can look at that for you.

No Reason, but it seems to be working now to delete unused media using Tidy Button.