The CMS is temporarily off-line as an upgrade is in progress

So, I’m new to Xibo.

Running Ubuntu 20.04 on Proxmox in a VM with Docker. Followed the instructions to a tee, missing the port adjustment requirement (80 is already in use and … well, wont it be for most people?) but after changing the port to 8080:80 and running the suggested commands… I still get:

“The CMS is temporarily off-line as an upgrade is in progress. Please check with your system administrator for updates or refresh your page in a few minutes.”

What now?

A standard install of Ubuntu doesn’t have a webserver installed, so no it won’t be unless you’ve opted to install a LAMP stack yourself before installing Xibo.

You need to look at the container logs, but what you’re seeing means that the database has migrations pending. They’re run for you automatically when the container starts, so I’d suggest there’s a database error preventing those from completing properly.

Assuming you’re using the custom-ports file, I’d try down/up first, and failing that read the logs

docker-compose -f cms-custom_ports.yml down
docker-compose -f cms-custom_ports.yml up -d
docker-compose -f cms-custom_ports.yml logs cms-web

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.