Text-widget won't save

After upgrading from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4, to get the images working again in the text-widget, I noticed that saving the text-widget is impossible.
After adding a new text-widget, filling in a title, duration and some sample text, I pushed the save-button, but the preview becomes empty and nothing is saved (title, duration and content). When I do the same with any other widget (e.g. image-widget), after pushing the save-button, the screen get’s dark and a animation of floating balls is shown in the left corner. After a couple of seconds, the screen returns to normal and you’re notified of a successful save.

So, to reproduce: add text-widget to layout, fill it in and save.
Expected: saving animation and notification of succes
Reality: Widget appears empty, not saved. Title, duration and content empty

Additional information:
When the visual editor is used, the widget is not saved. When the html-editor is used, save works again.
So only when the visual editor is used, saving doesn’t work.

Thank you for your messages about the issue you are experiencing. I have been trying to replicate this but have had no luck so far.

The steps I have taken:

• I created a new Layout.
  • I added a text widget to the empty Region.
  • I added a title to the Widget, changed the duration and used the Visual Editor to add text.
  • I saved the changes.

The changes I made to the Widget have so far remained, even after logging out of my CMS and back in again.

I would be interested to know what is happening while you do this, could you prepare some Logs for me so I can take a closer look? To create the Logs:

• Follow the steps until you see the option to Turn on Debuggingand set this to on.
  • Continue with the steps and click the Open in new Window option when it appears.
  • In the new Window, return to your Layout and repeat what you have been doing with the text widget.
  • If after you have finished, the text widget still does not Save, close this new window and return to the original window.
  • Continue to follow the report Fault steps until you see the option to Collect and Save. This will provide a zip file with the logs I am looking for.

If you can provide that troubleshoot.zip file for me to look at, I can see what is happening when you are doing this on your own CMS. You may wish to send me the logs in a Prvate message to avoid any sensitive information being publicly posted.

Can you also let me know what operating system your CMS is installed on and the method used to install it (Custom or Docker)?

Many Thanks.

1 Like

I suspected some caching, due to the fact it works when you try to reproduce the problem, so first I tried an incognito-window. Here, it works, so afterwards, I have deleted all cache and cookies. The problem is now solved. But good to know this troubleshooting-option exists.
Thanks for your help!

Brilliant news, glad it was just a cache issue as opposed to a bug. Good call on the incognito window by the way.

Report Fault is a great tool for getting more information when your CMS does not behave as you might expect. It also can help us to understand what is happening if you suspect a bug.

Many Thanks.