System.IO.IOException error

Hello Xibo Team,

We have a big problem on players :

Client : Windows 2.1.201 EDGE - Intel Brix Windows 10 Home
Server : 2.2.3 - Apache2

Randomly, some players are freezing. We can’t do a CTRL+ALT+SUPP to kill the process. Here are errors of the Watchdogs :

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\BRIX\Documents\Xibo Library\status.json’ because it is being used by another process.
at [System.IO](http://system.io/).__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at XiboClientWatchdog.Watcher.Run()

Can you help us please ? Thank You ! :slight_smile:

That error message probably isn’t the cause of the problem - it just means that the watchdog wasn’t able to access the status.json file to see if the Player was still running.

If you can’t do a CTRL+ALT+DEL does that mean the entire PC has locked up?

Hi,

Client : Windows 2 R201-201

I have the same problem, all my player randomly show this error message in the task bar :
( Unlike etcslashshadow my player don’t freeze, i can control them )

ERROR
System.IO.IOexception: Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier ‘C:\Users\ZOTAC02\Documents\Xibo Library\status.json’, car il est en cours d’utilisation par un autre processus.
a System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Capture d’écran 2020-03-03 à 17.21.47

Thk’s in advance

Hi and welcome :wave:

Do you have anything else that might access that file - a virus scanner for example?

That file is written to by the Player and read from by the WatchDog. Its not clear to my why the watchdog can’t read the file - because the Player doesn’t lock it for reading - only for writing.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your response and for the welcoming.

There is no virus scanner or other program running, just Xibo. Strange…
I tried to reinstall XiboPlayer but the problem is still there.

D

Hello Dan !

Thank you for your reply !

There is no antivirus on players too. I have activated logs players via the WEB GUI, and i have collected these informations :

Audit: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:33</logdate><thread>ScheduleManagerThread</thread><method>ScheduleManager - Run</method><message>Schedule Timer Ticked</message>
Audit: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:33</logdate><thread>ScheduleManagerThread</thread><method>ScheduleManager - LoadNewSchedule</method><message>Skipping validity test for current layout.</message>
Audit: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:33</logdate><thread>ScheduleManagerThread</thread><method>ScheduleManager - IsNewScheduleAvailable</method><message>Layouts in Current Schedule: [72] From 01/01/1970 00:00:00 to 19/01/2038 03:14:07 with priority 0. 3 dependents.</message>
Audit: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:33</logdate><thread>ScheduleManagerThread</thread><method>ScheduleManager - IsNewScheduleAvailable</method><message>Layouts in New Schedule: [72] From 01/01/1970 00:00:00 to 19/01/2038 03:14:07 with priority 0. 3 dependents.</message>
Audit: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:33</logdate><thread>ScheduleManagerThread</thread><method>ScheduleManager - IsNewScheduleAvailable</method><message>Overlay Layouts: </message>
Info: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:40</logdate><thread>RegisterAgentThread</thread><method>RegisterAgent - Run</method><message>Thread Stopped</message>
Info: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:40</logdate><thread>RequiredFilesAgentThread</thread><method>RequiredFilesAgent - Run</method><message>Thread Stopped</message>
Info: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:40</logdate><thread>ScheduleManagerThread</thread><method>ScheduleManager - Run</method><message>Thread Stopped</message>
Info: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:40</logdate><thread>LibraryAgent</thread><method>LibraryAgent - Run</method><message>Thread Stopped</message>
Info: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:40</logdate><thread>LogAgent</thread><method>LogAgent - Run</method><message>Thread Stopped</message>
Info: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:40</logdate><thread>XmrSubscriber</thread><method>XmrSubscriber - Run</method><message>Subscriber Stopped</message>
Info: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:40</logdate><thread>EmbeddedServer</thread><method>EmbeddedServer - Run</method><message>Server Stopped</message>
Audit: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:41</logdate><thread>UI Thread</thread><method>Video - Dispose</method><message>Problem disposing of the Video Player. Ex = Impossible d&apos;utiliser un objet COM qui a été séparé de son RCW sous-jacent.</message>
Info: <logdate>2020-03-03 12:37:41</logdate><thread>UI Thread</thread><method>Main</method><message>Application Finished</message>

Thanks both.

I’ve recorded an issue for it and we will see if we can find the cause:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.