System administrator

Hi guys,
when are we going to have these two accounts separated from each other?
System Administrator and Administrator.

System Administrator: This is the top level user who installs the system, controls the entire system and creates lower level accounts. This user roles everything in the system.

Administrator: This is a kind of super administrator who can role almost everything but cannot have the same rights as the system administrator. This user cannot approve displays nor see the system settings.
This user cannot modify, delete or edit System administrator account nor see the critical CMS settings.

I just wish this is going to happen soon.

Thank you, I have moved this into our Features category for further discussion and possible consideration.

Thank you

Thanks Natasha!
we desperately need this, i am sure i am not the only one needing this because this is indeed a very important feature IMO.
There must be system administrator and administrator levels that are not having equal rights.

You could create an Administrator User group and assign the permissions you need to allow for this set-up or are the permissions not granular enough for what you would like to achieve?

If that is the case please could you give further information as to the permissions you would need?

Thank you

The goal is to prevent the administrator user from modifying system settings.
Such as creating new system administrator or modifying system administrator account.

To gain more of an understanding, what else would you want this Administrator User to be able to do that a regular User can’t do?

What i am trying is described in my original post.
Administrator and system administrator should be 2 different account types.

What you have described in your first post can be achieved as I have suggested, creating an Administrator group with the appropriate permissions. What I am trying to ascertain is what permissions you specifically need that a regular user would not give you, which would be the inability to create displays or users currently.

Hi Natasha,
no, it cannot be achieved in current CMS. I have tried it.
What i need to have is a second level administrator.
Currently we have administrator and superadmin where both has the same rights.

System administrator and administrator.
System Administrator: This is the top level user who installs the system, controls the entire system and creates lower level accounts. This user roles everything in the system.

Administrator: This is the second level administrator who can role almost everything but cannot have the same rights as the system administrator. This user cannot approve displays nor see the system settings.
This user cannot modify, delete or edit System administrator account nor see the critical CMS settings.
This administrator shall have no rights to approve displays, modify CMS settings (such as: applications, modules, system administrator account etc.)