Switching between an Internet Browser and Xibo - Linux Player

Hi everybody!

Right now, we are using the 1.8 beta Linux version with the Xibo cloud service to switch between showing a layout and displaying a webpage with intervals of 20 seconds. This works kind of okay but when we it shows the webpage a slight lag occurs because Xibo is downloading the webpage. As a solution for this problem we thought that it would be possible to have a web browser always running in the background and with command functionality let Xibo switch between the browser and the xibo player. Kind of like alt tabbing between both programs. The command would like likes this:

1. Switch to the browser;

2. Wait for 20 seconds;

3. Switch back to Xibo.

Because I am new to Xibo I would like to hear some on advice on how I could tackle this problem and if this is even possible.

Kind regards,

Martijn.

Problem with that is that it will cut short the presentation. Unfortunately it is not to my knowledge possible to know when you should stop the player and show the browser to prevent this from happening. I’ve tried watching the files for changes, or finding some information from them which could indicate the duration of the scheduled content. I actually did an application which calculates the schedule, but this still doesn’t prevent the eventual cutting-short of the presentation. Only perfectly working approach is to control the browser through the player application itself. This can be done with slight modification. Though it requires extensive knowledge of the C++ language.