Some players won't load the xibo-dataset-render.js?

Before completing please check that the time, date and timezone have been correctly set on the device running the Player.

Check!

Player Version

Many different, but my actual test system has “windows 3 R301.1-301”
CMS Server Version “2.3.10” (Docker)

Issue

We have some players, and I can replicate it on every new R301 install, which don’t want to load the xibo-dataset-render.js. On the info screen on the Player I can see the download progress for that file is on 0% (even with several reboots and after 30 hours).

Don’t know if it could be related: on my test player, after first setup yesterday, I got the massage “[XmrSubscriber] — XmrSubscriber - processMessage — Unopenable Message: block incorrect”, I then let the player set a new XMR in the player settings, the I got another one of this massage. But the XMR worked and showed as registerd (before and after the XMR reset). After that I don’t get the message anymore. And I don’t get any other messages/errors/logs related to this player.

I have tried to check all modules, empty the library, copy the .js manually in the library folder… nothing worked.

What should I try next?

Run the “Verify All” option on the Modules page of the CMS, and then edit one of the Displays and click “Save” without making any changes and allow it time to download.

Sorry, we have our frontends set to German, so I re-translate all menu listings ;). With “I have tried to check all modules” I meant “Verify All”.

Just to be sure I tried it again now, with Edit->Save on the display page on one of the affected monitors. But like last time, the one file stays at 0%.

To add another Info: The CMS recognized the fact that the one file isn’t downloaded. I can see that on the display/manage page, there the file is on waiting with the download symbol in the “complete”-column.

Could you run the following in your database and give the output:

select * from media where storedAs="xibo-dataset-render.js";

MySQL [cms]> select * from media where storedAs=“xibo-dataset-render.js”;
±--------±-----------------------±-------±---------±-----------------------±-----------------------±---------------------------------±---------±-------±--------±---------±--------------±-----------------±------±--------±---------±-------±--------------------±--------------------±-----------+
| mediaID | name | type | duration | originalFilename | storedAs | MD5 | FileSize | userID | retired | isEdited | editedMediaID | moduleSystemFile | valid | expires | released | apiRef | createdDt | modifiedDt | enableStat |
±--------±-----------------------±-------±---------±-----------------------±-----------------------±---------------------------------±---------±-------±--------±---------±--------------±-----------------±------±--------±---------±-------±--------------------±--------------------±-----------+
| 6 | xibo-dataset-render.js | module | 0 | xibo-dataset-render.js | xibo-dataset-render.js | ffcde6f93e4ac6cb6d4dddad45d344db | 1585 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | NULL | 2018-01-16 13:42:43 | 2019-09-12 12:37:07 | NULL |
1 row in set (0.001 sec)

With that Information we have figured it out. The MD5 Sum in the DB don’t match the real file. We updated the DB and now the Server sends out the file.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.