Some Bugs of 4.0.8

i postet it as comment in the release announcement. But here is the better Place for this. Sorry for double Posting. I try to delete the other one :slight_smile:

To be completed by the original poster:

CMS Version

Player Type

Android and Windows

Player Version

v3 and v4

Issue

If one of the MenuBoard Slots has no animation effect, (see in the picture below the Price). All other information changing but the one without effect staying at the old value. (And changing random)

If i press shift in menu board layout to make a group, the elements are invisible. This is only at my menu board layout. At Dataset it is normal

2024-02-27 18.52.26

If you replace a Picture at media, its not connected in a menuboard item anymore:

There is no option to recalculate this duration: Now the Layout shows up one minute.

There is an Error with Datasets (HTML content). Sometimes the Words end and get a line break. Sometimes not. :slight_smile:

Same Layout, different Dataset Entry:

Other content: No fail. But it is not something special. Just HTML with Emojis and <br> Tag

Would be cool to have “back” buttons in the dataset editor. And also to reload manually (remote)

The default duration of this canvas widget is now set to 1 to avoid this issue. To solve for your layout you need to select a “global element” which is one of the elements from inside the “T” toolbar (text, shape, etc) and then go to the advanced properties and set a duration.

Do you have your HTML in both cases available? I think its likely to be something in the HTML causing it to not break. Probably one paragraph is forcing the width wider because it can’t break for some reason (its not obvious what that might be from your screenshot though).

Where would the back button take you?

I guess this would ignore the “refresh” setting, but obey all other settings?

EDIT: I forgot to say i’ve raised the bugs in menu boards for investigation! :slight_smile:

great thanks! i had to add an element from the “T” because i had only dynamic elements :slight_smile: now my layout has a empty text and only 20 seconds. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

i respond to the other things later. But i did find another bug:

https://www.wackershofen.de/feed/events

here, it is not possible to show the image in RSS elements. Or i am to stupid :smiley: the image is empty

This feed doesn’t have any images inside it - just directly referenced HTML. Xibo doesn’t have anything it can pull down in that case - you should be able to show the HTML though (which would include the images).

Ok thank you very much. My mistake :slight_smile: also the html thing. I try to find a solution.

Another thing is: I have a calendar in a layout. I group things and want to duplicate it the 3rd time. it works twice. But not on the third one. (on the picture the first slot isn’t a group)

Could you kindly provide us with an export of the layout containing the MenuBoard that you are experiencing issues with? We have been unable to replicate the issues on our end. Thank you.

Yes, i send it to you.

another funny thing:
If i have a concat formular in datasets, the Word “table” disapears magically so my workaround is to part the word in two strings:
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-22 um 20.41.46

Hey @dan a Back Button would be cool: “Back to all datasets”

Left from the headline.

And right from the “Clear filters” would a “refetch remote data” button be nice :slight_smile: