[SOLVED] Upgrading from 3.3.7 to 4.0.1, Custom install

While trying to upgrade my Xibo from version 3.3.7 to 4.0.1, I got the following error:
PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name ‘createdAt’ in vendor\robmorgan\phinx\src\Phinx\Db\Adapter\PdoAdapter.php:192

I have managed to successfully solve this problem, so I’m writing here this mini guide and solution that worked for me.

Details about my system are as follows:

Installation Method

Custom install

Operating System

I’m running Xibo on Windows Server 2019 with Apache 2.4.57, PHP 8.2 and MariaDB 10.11.5.

Issue

Getting this error while trying to upgrade/migrate database:
PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name ‘createdAt’ in vendor\robmorgan\phinx\src\Phinx\Db\Adapter\PdoAdapter.php:192

My solution to upgrade from 3.3.7 to 4.0.1 is this:

1. Of course, first you must download Xibo 4.0.1 for WAMP, extract .zip file and replace your current “xibo” folder with this new one.

2. Using text editor like Notepad, open this file:
    C:\your_xibo_root_folder\db\migrations\20220928091249_player_software_refactor_migration.php

• on line 38, comment out this whole section where it says “Add column”.
    It should look like this (notice the beginning of the first line, and ending of the last line):
		          /*  ->addColumn('createdAt', 'datetime', ['null' => true, 'default' => null])
		            ->addColumn('modifiedAt', 'datetime', ['null' => true, 'default' => null])
		            ->addColumn('modifiedBy', 'string', ['null' => true, 'default' => null])
		            ->addColumn('fileName', 'string') 
		            ->addColumn(
		                'size',
		                'integer',
		                ['limit' => \Phinx\Db\Adapter\MysqlAdapter::INT_BIG, 'default' => null, 'null' => true]
		            )
            ->addColumn('md5', 'string', ['limit' => 32, 'default' => null, 'null' => true]) */
  • on line 174, comment out:
    /* ->dropForeignKey('mediaId') */
  1. Using your text editor, open this file:
    C:\your_xibo_root_folder\db\migrations\20230310143321_saved_report_move_out_migration.php
  • on line 38, comment out this:
  /*  ->addColumn('fileName', 'string')
      ->addColumn('size', 'integer', ['limit' => \Phinx\Db\Adapter\MysqlAdapter::INT_BIG, 'default' => null, 'null' => true])
      ->addColumn('md5', 'string', ['limit' => 32, 'default' => null, 'null' => true]) */
  • on line 78, comment out:
    /* ->dropForeignKey('mediaId') */
  1. Now, go to your shell terminal and enter command for migrating. Keep in mind, you have to place yourself in your Xibo root folder before executing this command.

php vendor\bin\phinx migrate -c phinx.php

Step 5 is optional, I do it every time after upgrade.
5. run command to enable XTR:

php -f “C:\your_xibo_root_folder\bin\xtr.php”

And that’s it.
I now have Xibo 4.0.1 and everything works.

1 Like

Thanks for writing this up for others.

Those columns didn’t exist in 3.3.7, so I expect the migration failed at a subsequent step, but you then had to comment out those lines to run it again. The CMS will not function correctly if those columns do not exist.

I note this in case anyone else comes across an upgrade error and does this by default, which may not work.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.