Snapcraft Question

Hello Guys!
Thank you for a great software, I tried to fork the xibo-client and create a package via https://build.snapcraft.io/ but it failing.

I cannot find any documents telling how to create a snap package out of the Client. I also tried to git clone and then use the snapcraft command directly on my computer. but still fails.

Could someone please tell me the command i need to use to build a snapcraft package from the git hub source?

Thank you!

Build following these instructions:

Once built, you then run the second docker file:

You will need to put your credentials in to a file snapcraft.login for snapcraft, and clearly the files will need to be amended for your own application name since you cannot use the ones we use.

Ahh! Thank you!

Now i understand! :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Hello,
I’ve just cloned the repo from https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-linux
I’m following the instruction from the docker section (I’ve already installed docker-ce).
Launching docker build -t xibo-linux . gives me an error:

xibo@xibo-desktop:~/dev/git/xibo-linux$ pwd
/home/xibo/dev/git/xibo-linux

xibo@xibo-desktop:~/dev/git/xibo-linux$ ls
DEBUG  Dockerfile  Dockerfile.snapcraft  LICENSE  README.md  base.supp  player  snap

xibo@xibo-desktop:~/dev/git/xibo-linux$ sudo docker build -t xibo-linux .
Sending build context to Docker daemon  4.259MB
Step 1/9 : FROM docker-snapcraft
pull access denied for docker-snapcraft, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied

xibo@xibo-desktop:~/dev/git/xibo-linux$

Where I have to put my credentials? Am I missing something?
I’m using Ubuntu 19.10 eoan.
Thanks

I am having the exact same problem.

Can someone please advise how to build the R5 version from xibo-linux repository using Docker?

We don’t use Docker to build R5 onwards in the same way as before.

snapcraft takes care of the build, so you’d simply take the source tree and run snapcraft in the root of the repo and it will build as part of the process.

If you don’t want to use snapcraft then we don’t provide directions for that, but you can look in the snap/snapcraft.yaml file and that shows you what packages are installed and what is being built with what flags.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.