Slideshow Image Retire Date

Hi.

I would like to have images in slideshows retire after specific dates. So a display shows, say, 20 image slides, but the images have date stamps, after which the specific images are no longer played, while the remaining images not yet at their date of retirement still play.

I know I can schedule individual images, but it seems to complicated for a simple slideshow.

Thanks

I’ve moved your request in to the Features section so that it’s considered for future development, although I’m pretty sure that request is already in there.

In the mean time, you can make a dataset with two date columns (start_date, and end_date) and a library image column.

Insert a ticker into the timeline and use an advanced filter similar to the following:
DAY(Start_Date) <= DAY(CURDATE()) AND MONTH(Start_Date) <= MONTH(CURDATE()) AND DAY(End_Date) >= DAY(CURDATE()) AND MONTH(End_Date) >= MONTH(CURDATE())

That will only show imaged that are within the start and end dates you’ve specified in the dataset. You can also add images before they are scheduled to play as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I will take a look at the dataset function.