Sharing Permissions for Application not saving

CMS Version

4.0.4 Docker Installation

Player Type

Windows

Issue

Please excuse me, if I get some names wrong, since I have the Xibo CMS running in german.

The endgoal is to have a python application be able to get the information about what’s in the Xibo CMS library and be able to delete from and upload to the library. The python application is able to get the api auth tokens without failure, but is not able to get the library information. I think I may have found the problem but am struggling to correct it.

When I create a new application as the super admin user, I tick all sharing options as such:

and check Client Credentials in the general tab, and then click the save button, the settings for the sharing permissions don’t save when I check the edit options again:

I have created a troubleshoot file with the Xibo CMS, but that saves as a zip file with displays.json, environment.json, log.csv, settings.json and version.json, but I am not able to upload that here somehow. Maybe I didn’t find the option, please let me know.

A minimum working example python script to recreate my own python script is as follows:

import requests # needs pip install requests

CLIENT_ID = 'MyClientID' # this is where i put my client id, not literally "MyClientID"
CLIENT_SECRET = 'MyClientSecret' # same here
token_url = 'http://localhost/api/authorize/access_token'
data = {
    'client_id': CLIENT_ID,
    'client_secret': CLIENT_SECRET,
    'grant_type': 'client_credentials'
}
token_response = requests.post(token_url, data=data)
token_response_data = token_response.json()
access_token = token_response_data['access_token']

headers = {
        'Authorization': f'Bearer {access_token}',
    }
search_endpoint = 'http://localhost/api/library/search'
search_response = requests.get(search_endpoint, headers=headers)
search_response_data = search_response.json()

This returns a <Response [500]> with the message {‘success’: False, ‘error’: 405, ‘message’: ‘405 Method Not Allowed’, ‘help’: ‘The request method is not supported for the requested resource.’}.

This is expected, as the sharing permissions are not set in the application. Because they don’t save. Please let me know if further information is needed.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.