Serious problem upgrading from 1.7.9 to 1.8

I had a problem with 1.8 install (no docker) at step 90 (Add XMR Columns to the Display Table, which is the first step of 1.8.0alpha2.).

After this chrome crashed and was not able to complete the upgrade! Actually my server administrator told me that we havent’ a DB database backup (!!!) … how can I restore the 1.7.9 version or complete upgrade of 1.8? Thank you!

If you don’t have a database backup then it’s going to require manually comparing the database you do have against the upgrade steps, to try and work out what failed, and how it can be resolved.

It’s something we could look at on a commercial basis for you if you wanted. If you can email support@springsignage.com, then we can take it from there, if you are interested.

Sorry Alex I didn’t understand very well…

Someone will have to manually check the integrity of the database, work out what step actually failed, fix that issue in the database, and then manually apply the remainder of the database steps to get the database upgraded.

Reverting back to 1.7.9 isn’t possible without a backup. Upgrades are always a one-way conversion.

Installation falied at step 90…I think I need commercial support…

If you can kindly email support@springsignage.com then, and we can discuss.