Schedulling exact count of expositions

Hi! I’m evaluating Xibo cloud version to replace our legacy cms.
I have a question: Is there a way, that I can get same functionality - so, that I can schedule media file to be exposed on screen exact count of times ( 50 / 30 / 10 x per hour ).
These are top priority spots. The rest of the time is filled with ‘idle’ priority spots.

Is it possible with current cms state?
If not, is it possible to form custom hourly playlists for displays by directly accessing database when self-hosting cms?

Best regards,
Alexander

Yes, all these functions are offered by the Xibo CMS (optionally you can time it to the second with XMR).

The easiest way would be to create a Layout or a Campaign which shows a media within one hour X times.

For example:
Within one hour 120 times 30 seconds the media X could be played. Thereby the media X could be a simple Layout - Inside this (in xibo terms) Layout you can defince several media like images, videos or texts. You can also dynamically create these media or have them loaded via an API. There are no limits.

Im afraid that I can’t give you a general answerbc your question is quite vague. As a start I would recommend you to get familiar with the concepts of Layout and the Scheduling. Also read up on the (custom) API.

Thank You for reply.

So, do I need to make maths myself, and make custom ‘campaign’, so that during hour, it will be played
[hour duration] / [campaign duration] times?

You have to do the math at least once for your basic config. Either you always adjust the play duration for each photo or video in a layout yourself or you use the modules and functions that come with the xibo cms.

My suggestion would be to use a Webhook for Actions or (Sub-) Playlists. Check out the posts below.
Using Webhooks to trigger a Layout
Sub-Playlists

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.