Scheduling question

Using CMS 1.8.6
Is this possible? I routinely have between 10 and 20 different layouts scheduled at any one time. All layouts are 15 seconds in length and either jpeg images or avi videos.
Is it possible to set one layout 15 seconds long to play one time every 15 minutes. I understand basic scheduling, repeat, and priority. The current scheduler seems to have a resolution down to the minute. Any ideas?

Sorry I don’t think you can absolutely guarantee this using the Scheduler. Although it would be an interesting extension - to include a “play count” with the scheduled event - so you could effectively say “run every 15 minutes, only play once”.

As a workaround you could write a little task that runs every 15 minutes and issues a “change layout action” for your Layout/Players (this assumes XMR works and is a little technical).

So far the best I have been able to come up with is.
Ads must be a minimum of 1 minute long, or else group ads to total even minute lengths.
Set 4 schedules to play at say 12:00, 12:15, 12:30, and 12:45 each to repeat once an hour with priority 1.

I am still testing this. It seems to work ok if there is only on or two schedules set like this, and there has to be some time between them. You can’t set one for 12:00 the the next one for 12:01.

The scheduler is designed to cycle layouts rather than determine exactly when they will run - which is the source of your issues.

If you had your 1 minute long layouts, you could schedule those with a higher priority at 00,15,30,45, which would interrupt the 10 to 20 cycling layouts you have at that time.

Perhaps this is already what you have working.

A Play Count criteria on the schedule would solve these issues - i’ve recorded it as an interesting enhancement for a future release.