Scheduling in 1.8 - Always means Always!

Originally published at: Scheduling in 1.8 - Always means Always!

Scheduling Always means just that… Always!

You want your displays to show content all the time such as a welcome message in your reception area? Selecting Always in scheduling will do just that!
One of the many new and exciting features of 1.8 is Always Scheduling. This will ensure that the Campaign or Layout selected will Always be scheduled. Content will Always be shown on your displays.
Gone is the need to specify end dates as Always means Always!

The Always icon will show in your schedule…

And show Always until you decide to remove it!

Scheduling your regular content rotation as Always rather than scheduling the Default Layout will ensure that your Player has your real Default Layout to show when new content is being downloaded or if there’s ever a problem. Useful for when you need to modify existing layouts!

With so many new features in 1.8 it’s hard to stop exploring!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I aM not quite sure I understand. :grin: No really, I really like this feature. and many, many more that have been added in the 1.8 series. Really great work!

One should note though, you don’t get the cool little repeating icon unless priority is set to 0. I would think these two settings would not be used together…??

1 Like

You’re right of course - the repeating icon has a lower precedence than the priority icon - simply because having a repeating event as priority has more “impact” on the schedule.

Although using the Agenda view you can easily see both of these attributes (article to follow!)

There isn’t anything wrong with an always priority schedule - although you are effectively “blocking out” any priority 0 events.