Schedule repeat explanations

Hello,

I’m having a hard time, understanding the repeat’s functionality on schedules. Can you please give me an elaboration on how it works.

As far as I have understood its functionality is to repeat the schedule on a certain date range.

Example Scenario:
I have created a schedule on March 6, 2020, at 7:00 then set the end date on Dec 10, 2020, at 8:00.

On the repeat tab:

per minute: set once up until March 6, 2020, at 8:00 am the same day.
Meaning it will repeat once every minute. x60 repeat

hour: set once up until March 6, 2020, at 12:00 pm on the same day.
Meaning it will repeat once every hour. x5 repeat

What I am trouble in understanding is, how it works in Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly.

Then if you’ve noticed, I have set the schedule until Dec 10, 2020. Does it mean the schedule will continue on that date range removing the repeat functionality and displaying it every day from 7:00 am to 8:00 am?

Hi,

Does the manual page help you at all: User Manual | Xibo Digital Signage

This event will be in the schedule for that entire time, so it is unlikely that you need to repeat it at all?

Repeating Schedules are intended for much shorter schedules - for example imagine you had a Layout you wanted to show every morning - say an employee welcome to the office.

You would set the start date to 6th March 08:00 and the end date toe 6th March 08:30, i.e. the Layout is included for 30 minutes.

Then you can set it to repeat daily, or even weekly on specific days.

Yearly might be used to show a Birthday message for example (or anything that happens once time per year).

1 Like