Same media get clubbed together when copy playlist

Continuing the discussion from Problem copying layout:

Currently facing same issue using xibo version 1.7.
let me share issue.
1. i created playlist name test added image1 image2 and image1.
now when i make copy of playlist without checking checkbox copy media files.
2.Test 1 playlist get created and when clicked save order the order of layouts get changed the similar files get clubbed together like image 1 image 1 and then image 2. but the layout order should not be changed on copy of playlist.

Any sort of suggestion or workaround would be huge help.
p.s(I have searched a lot regarding this and only find out above mentioned thread).

if anybody using 1.7.9 can they confirm whether they are having similar problem like mine on copying the playlist and same media gets clubbed together on click of save order.

Hi v-gino, welcome to the community!

Version 1.7 of Xibo CMS has been end of life for quite some time and is no longer supported. This means that any issues discovered with that version will not be fixed.

I tested the issue you describe on CMS versions 2.3.17 (version 2 is security updates supported at the time of writing this message) and 3.3.6 (the latest release at the time of writing this message) and found the media item order was correctly retained in the copy of the layout.

If you decide to upgrade your CMS, please make sure to upgrade in stages. I have added links to the versions you will need to upgrade to in order and our CMS upgrade documentation.

Make sure to create a backup of your CMS media library and database before you attempt each upgrade. You will also need to test your CMS after each upgrade to make sure it was successful before proceeding to the next version upgrade.

CMS upgrade documentation

You will also likely notice that there are many significant changes to the CMS since version 1.7. If you decide to upgrade, you may find the Xibo training portal is a helpful resource for getting used to the new way layouts are designed, published and scheduled. There is a free course to help you get started with version 3.
You can also read more about how to use the new features in the documentation.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.