Run xmr 'zmq' already loaded

I want to run xmr ($ php xmr.phar) but i get the message:

PHP Warning: Module ‘zmq’ already loaded in Unknown on line 0
Could not open input file: xmr.phar

I’m testing Xibo 1.8 rc1 on c9.io

I’ve not seen c9.io before - it looks interesting.

Can you describe the steps you’ve taken to get to that point? I’m not exactly clear what you’re running and where.

This is what i get on my terminal

janforrier:~/workspace/vendor/bin $ php xmr.phar
PHP Warning:  Module 'zmq' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Module 'zmq' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[2017-02-01 13:28:01] xmr.INFO: Starting up - listening for CMS on tcp://xibo-18rc-janforrier.c9users.io/web:50001. [] []
[2017-02-01 13:28:01] xmr.ERROR: Failed to bind the ZMQ: No such device [] []
[2017-02-01 13:28:01] xmr.ERROR: #0 [internal function]: ZMQSocket->bind('tcp://xibo-18rc...') #1 phar:///home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/bin/xmr.phar/vendor/react/zmq/src/React/ZMQ/SocketWrapper.php(114): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 phar:///home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/bin/xmr.phar/index.php(56): React\ZMQ\SocketWrapper->__call('bind', Array) #3 phar:///home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/bin/xmr.phar/index.php(56): React\ZMQ\SocketWrapper->bind('tcp://xibo-18rc...') #4 /home/ubuntu/workspace/vendor/bin/xmr.phar(10): require('phar:///home/ub...') #5 {main} [] []

As XMR listenOn address I have tcp://xibo-18rc-janforrier.c9users.io/web:50001
Maybe this is incorrect?

I’m running xibo 1.8 rc1 on c9.io (ubuntu)

This is my config.json

{
   "listenOn": "tcp://xibo-18rc-janforrier.c9users.io/web:50001",
   "pubOn": ["tcp://10.140.8.96:9505"],
   "debug": true
 }

Your listenOn is definitely wrong.

It should be something similar to the pubOn line - ie tcp://127.0.0.1:50001

listenOn only needs to be connected to from your local CMS, so assuming your CMS is running on the same server, then configuring loopback will be fine.

In your CMS settings, you need to then configure the same address as you’ve configured here so the CMS knows where to connect, as do your players.

As a side note, if you have web in your CMS URL then your install is wrong. Nothing below the web folder should be being exposed to the internet. Your web server should be serving the contents on the web folder as your web root. Please re-read the install guide if you’re unsure.

I started all over again, but with docker on windows (xibo 1.8 rc2) . Xmr seems to work.
I’m trying to send a command to a player (windows), but I get Cannot start Run Command: Command Not Found in my Client Information window. I was trying the command ‘calc’.

Can you post to configuration of your command?

Have you read this: http://xibo.org.uk/manual-tempel/en/displays_commands.html

I added the command Windows open calculator as name,code and description.
In the display settings (XMR public adress: tcp://10.140.8.55:9505) of my windows-profile I write calc as a command string.
I run Xibo-cms 1.8 rc2 from my pc with docker with IP http://10.140.8.55/ (LAN).
On my laptop (Windows 7) I run xibo player 1.8.0-rc2 (125).
Through the cms-interface I send the command Windows open calculator to that player.
On the Client Information window (XMR Status Connected (tcp://10.140.8.55:9505)) I get Error ComandSchedule - Run Cannot start Run Command: Command Not Found

I hope this is sufficient as information.

Have you tried calc.exe, or the fully qualified path to that executable?

I also tried C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe en calc.exe without succes.

Maybe this has also to do something with it ( Client Information window):
Error - LogAgent - Run Exception in Run: text/plain instead of text/xml
But I can connect to my client.

The error comes from trying to find the command, rather than trying to run it - specifically here in the code: xibo-dotnetclient/Action/Command.cs at develop · xibosignage/xibo-dotnetclient · GitHub

This means that for whatever reason your Display Settings that are downloaded onto the Display do not contain that command.

You 100% sure that this is the active profile for your display?

Can you open your %APPDATA%\XiboClient.config.xml file and look for a <Commands> node?

I destroyed my containers in docker an started again (bootstrap), now it all works!

OK, pleased you have it working.