Run: Exception in Run: Response is not well-formed XML

Before completing please check that the time, date and timezone have been correctly set on the device running the Player. :white_check_mark:

To be completed by the original poster:

Player Version

3 R307.0

Issue

Hopefully this is the right place to post for this particular issue.

After enabling Single Sign-On, all players stop communicating with the CMS, show the XML error in the title, and wont connect or download new media.

Turning the logs to Debug, I get the following log entries:

1133946 71145e8 2023-04-04 08:24 PLAYER POST ERROR Display [RequiredFilesAgentThread] ScheduleAgent - Run Exception in Run: Response is not well-formed XML.
1133945 71145e8 2023-04-04 08:24 PLAYER POST ERROR Display [StatAgentThread] StatAgent Run: Exception in Run: Response is not well-formed XML.
1133944 71145e8 2023-04-04 08:24 PLAYER POST ERROR Display [FaultsAgent] FaultsAgent - Run Exception in Run: Response is not well-formed XML.

As soon as I remove the Single Sign-On settings, all displays start to check in and download new media if available. Nothing else has changed in my environment, its just whenever I enable SSO. My SSO setup can be found in my other post here: Azure SSO Setup - #3 by itsjustbrianyo

Thanks in advance!

Provide screenshots where possible!

Figured it out.

When I was working on adding SSO with Azure, I could not get SSO to work with the NameIDFormat line in the settings-custom.php file set to the default. I changed it from emailAddress to persistent and was finally able to get SSO working only to discover the issue above hours later.

Changing that line back caused the error to go away and for some reason, also worked for SSO. No idea why it wasn’t working before, but it looks like everything is working fine now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.