RSS ticker problem

CMS Version

Installation Method

Custom install

Issue

Cant get RSS Ticker to work. This one supplied from Xibo are working on the CMS: Xibo Media RSS Test Feed
But our own are not working:

Is it because we are sending pics in https? Thats the difference even if I remove type from my and only leave url with the .jpg url it wont load any pictures.

Can anyone point me to whats wrong with my RSS feed?

I think the issue is the number of items in your feed and the maximum time given to process a request. It took my CMS a good 3 minutes to process all of those records.

Once it did, it was fine:

So what did you do to get it to load? :slight_smile:
Did you change any settings?
Ah okey I got it to load now , thanks! Will remove the link from first post

I waited and got lucky, I think :smile:

It’s an interesting use case - when you’re previewing the layout we fetch that content synchronously inside a single request, which means the feed and all the images need to download before its ready.

I think it would actually be OK on the player, because that same operation (if it has not been done by previewing yet) would be done by XTR which does not have a timeout.

Hi Dennis,

If I understand you correctly, the RSS Ticker is working in version 4.0.8. Did you use a RSS Ticker Marquee?
In my Xibo site, the RSS Ticker marquee is not working in 4.0.8/4.0.9 even when I used the Xibo RSS Feed. The RSS Ticker Marquee is working fine in the preview, but not in the Windows player.